Late to Potluck | The Community
Because life is different as a 30+ year-old Christian single woman
Why create a community for 30+ year-old single Christian women?
Because life is different as a 30+ year-old Christian single woman.
After releasing Late to Potluck: The dating predicament of 30+ year-old single Christians. And what to do about it and receiving the incredible feedback from readers, here's what I heard loud and clear: There’s nothing like being surrounded by other women who “get it” (the Christian single life) and “get you” (the 30+ year-old single Christian woman).
With this in mind, I'm serving up bi-weekly insights to help us:
- Proactively address the male shortage crisis in our churches
- Master the mindset and tools to stay sane, safe, and savvy while navigating today's dating scene
- Embrace our unique social needs to enjoy a rich, whole-hearted existence
- Prioritize self-care (even with a crazy-busy-single-gal life) so we feel and look our best
- Continually discover treasure in Scripture and nurture a vibrant spiritual life
- Avoid burnout at work and over-extension with ministry so we can give of our gifts while honoring our limits
- Heal past relationship wounds and disinherit familial dysfunction to bravely move towards love (risky stuff, I know!)
- Demolish mindset barriers that keep us from big dreaming and bold doing
- Uproot deeply entrenched misinformation about love and marriage (including the quasi-spiritual kind) that keep Christian singles silent but dying inside
- Handle our finances like a boss so we can enjoy a sustainably generous life
Our private Facebook group is our platform for lively and heartfelt discussion, connection, and support and I answer your questions and host guests in our bi-weekly Facebook Live.
The Community launches Wednesday, May 29th, 2019! Become a member today and lock in the pre-launch special of $10/month.
See you on the inside!
I love sharing Scripture-based uncommon insights, practices, and
resources to help Christian women do relationships differently, heal
their bodies, and live life richly.
I am a social scientist and holistic wellness educator + speaker who was introduced to simple, yet powerful wellness practices while in graduate school and quickly adopted them into my lifestyle. The results were incredible and changed my life forever! I am thankful to have been freed from a laundry list of aches, pains, and discomforts that I once thought were unavoidable parts of life and were robbing me of energy, productivity, and joy.
I hold a Ph.D. in Community Resources and Development, a Masters in Social Work, a Wellness Lifestyle certificate, and a Bachelor of Science in Psychology.
As part of the only Blue Zone community in the United States, I have enjoyed giving workshops, seminars, and talks on wellness, relationships, and spirituality for nearly a decade on university campuses, at churches, conferences, and online events, from a decidedly unique and holistic perspective.
I am the author of the handbook Don't Blame Eve... More Than Surviving Your Period, (now an online course!), a principle contributor for the book Healthy Self: 10 Habits of the Longest Living Americans, and an expert contributor for the book Growing Livelihoods: Local Food Systems and Community Development.
Ballet keeps me on my toes, travel feeds my curiosity, and warm, sunny beaches are my happy place.